Learn how to generate data, set-up calculation types, and more
The Additive Manufacturing Module is an Add-on Module in Thermo-Calc that is primarily designed for modeling the powder bed fusion process in Additive Manufacturing.
Special focus has been given to have a unified treatment of alloy dependent material properties and process parameters when solving the multiphysics problem of a moving heat source that melts and solidifies metal powder. The multiphysics simulation involves thermal conduction, fluid flow, evaporation-, radiation- and convective- heat loss.
This webinar will give an overview of the module, followed by a live demonstration of how to: generate the materials data needed for the simulation, setup different calculation types, analyze results, couple results to other modules, and finally a preview of the current development.
Topics that will be discussed:
- Generation of Materials Data
- Overview of the Module
- Demonstration of different calculation types:
- Steady State (SS)
- Transient with Heat Source from SS
- Visualization and analysis of results
- Comparison with experimental results
- Coupling with Diffusion- and/or Precipitation Module
- Preview of 2024a development